Machlab® products come with a limited warranty. The warranty period will vary depending on the product purchased, beginning on the date of delivery from any Machlab factory or warehousing locations. To determine which warranty applies to your product, refer to the appendix below. This warranty is valid only for products purchased through authorized channels (authorized dealers, authorized distributors or directly from Machlab) only.
Machlab’s limited warranty covers defects in materials and workmanship. Machlab’s liability under this limited warranty shall be, at our option, to repair or replace any defective parts of the equipment, provided that these parts, if proven to the satisfaction of Machlab, were defective at the time of being sold and that all defective parts shall be returned, properly identified with a Return Authorization.
This limited warranty covers parts only, and not transportation / insurance charges.
This limited warranty applies to the original purchaser only. All subsequent owners of Machlab’s Products acquire the Products “as is”. Limited warranty is not transferrable.
This limited warranty does not cover:
- Wear and tear, or due to aging of materials.
- Minor deviations of the Products due to naturally occurring variations in the materials used.
- Improper assembly, use or care, contact with animals, or site or environmental conditions not for the intended use of the Products.
- Freight or installation (inside delivery handling) damage. If your product was damaged in transit, you must file a claim directly with the freight carrier.
- Products with missing or defaced serial numbers.
- Products for which Machlab has not received payment.
- Problems that result from:
- External causes such as accident, abuse, misuse, problems with electrical power, improper operating environmental conditions.
- Servicing not authorized by Machlab.
- Usage that is not in accordance with product instructions.
- Failure to follow the product instructions.
- Failure to perform preventive maintenance.
- Using accessories, parts, or components not supplied by Machlab.
- Abuse, negligence, accident, transportation by user or other causes beyond our control.
- Force Majeure such as damages by fire, floods, or acts of God
- Customer modifications to the product
- Consumables such as filters (HEPA, ULPA, carbon, pre-filters) and fluorescent / UV bulbs.
- Machlab is not liable for any damage incurred on the objects used on or stored in Machlab equipment. If the objects are highly valuable, the use of a completely independent backup system and a 24-hr redundant monitoring system with alarm capability are recommended.
Factory installed, customer specified equipment or accessories are warranted only to the extent guaranteed by the original manufacturer. The customer agrees that in relation to these products purchased through Machlab, our limited warranty shall not apply and the original manufacturer’s warranty shall be the sole warranty in respect of these products. The customer shall utilise that warranty for the support of such products and in any event not look to Machlab for such warranty support.
ALL EXPRESS AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES FOR THE PRODUCT, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE LIMITED IN TIME TO THE TERM OF THIS LIMITED WARRANTY. NO WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WILL APPLY AFTER THE LIMITED WARRANTY PERIOD HAS EXPIRED. MACHLAB DOES NOT ACCEPT LIABILITY BEYOND THE REMEDIES PROVIDED FOR IN THIS LIMITED WARRANTY OR FOR SPECIAL, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY LIABILITY FOR THIRD-PARTY CLAIMS AGAINST YOU FOR DAMAGES, FOR PRODUCTS NOT BEING AVAILABLE FOR USE, OR FOR LOST WORK. MACHLAB’S LIABILITY WILL BE NO MORE THAN THE AMOUNT YOU PAID FOR THE PRODUCT THAT IS THE SUBJECT OF A CLAIM. THIS IS THE MAXIMUM AMOUNT FOR WHICH MACHLAB IS RESPONSIBLE.
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Malaysia and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Malaysia.
Technical Support, Warranty Service Contacts
Malaysia: +603 89572000
Global Email Helpdesk: [email protected]
Visit https://www.machlab.com.my/ for more information
Product Appendix, Warranty Listings
Laboratory Furniture Systems: 1 year limited
Industrial Workbench Systems: 1 year limited
Seating: 1 year limited
Flammable / Corrosive Safety Cabinets: 10 years limited
Storage Cabinets: 3 years limited
Balance Tables: 2 years limited
Fume Hoods, Canopy Hoods & Extraction Arms: 2 years limited, 1 year on the fan
All others not mentioned: 1 year limited
Policy updated on 1st January 2021
Applies to all units ordered on and after 1st January 2021